- Bad release, do not use.
This release contains two backwards incompatible changes - please read the notes below for details.
- django-recurrence now returns timezone aware
datetimeobjects in most cases (#130). If
True(it defaults to off with a stock Django install) then you’ll now get timezone aware
datetimeobjects back from django-recurrence. If you have
True, and you don’t want this behaviour, you can set
False, but please let us know (via GitHub issues) that you wanted to opt out, so we can understand what your use case is.
required=Falsewill now require at least one rule or date. This change is intended to bring django-recurrence into line with how custom fields should behave. If you don’t want to require at least one rule or date, just set
require=Falseon your field (#133).
- Improvements to avoid inline styles (#85);
- Handle changes to
- Drop official support for Django versions 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10;
- Fixes for saving
- Drop official support for Python 3.3 and Python 3.4;
- Provisional support for Python 3.7 (only for Django 2.0 and up);
- Ensure use of
renderon Django widgets always passes the
rendererargument, to ensure support for Django 2.1 (#125);
- Django 2.0 compatibility fix for usage of django-recurrence with Django REST framework (#126).
- Add Slovakian translations (#98);
- Add support for events occurring at a fixed point before the end of the month - e.g. the second last Tuesday before the end of the month (#88);
- Add minor style changes to make django-recurrence compatible with Wagtail (#100);
- Allow changing the behaviour of generating recurrences on
dtstartby default. You can opt in to this by setting
- Ensure broken values raise
DeserializationErrorwhere expected (#103).
- Drop official support for Django 1.4, Django 1.5, Django 1.6 and Python 2.6 (no changes have been made to deliberately break older versions, but older versions will not be tested going forward);
- Add official support for Django 1.8 and Django 1.9 (#62);
- Fix for a bug in
Rulecreation where the weekday parameter is an instance of
Weekdayrather than an integer (#57).
- Added an option for events to occur on the fourth of a given weekday of the month (#29);
- Fixed an off-by-one bug in the
to_textmethod for events happening on a regular month each year (#30);
- Added a French translation (#32) - this may be backwards
there is no
language_codemember of your recurrence object;
- Added a Spanish translation (#49);
- Added database migrations - running
python manage.py migrate recurrence --fakeshould be sufficient for this version - nothing has changed about the database schema between 1.1.0 and 1.2.0;
- Fix broken tests for Django 1.4.
- Added experimental Python 3 support.
- Added extensive test coverage (from 0% to 81%).
- Added documentation (including this changelog).
RecurrenceModelDescriptor, which don’t appear to have worked as expected for some time.
- Don’t raise
ValueErrorif you save
null=False(#22), for consistency with other field types.
- Make sure an empty recurrence object is falsey (#25).
- Fix a copy-paste error in
to_recurrence_objectwhich prevented exclusion rules from being populated correctly.
- Fix a typo in
create_from_recurrence_objectwhich prevented it working with inclusion or exclusion rules.
- Various other very minor bugfixes.